» Parent responsibilities
As a co-op, our school runs on the cooperation and contributions of our member families.
- Co-op families work in the classroom as assistant teachers, enabling them to get to know fellow SPP family members and their child’s classmates. Through this sharing, many coop families develop bonds that last for decades, providing support and friendship beyond the preschool years.
- Those working in the classroom can be parents, grandparents, au pairs/nanny’s or other trusted family members that have been through our assistant teaching training and orientation, signing and meeting all the required documentation.
- Our school is run entirely by the families. Every family must fulfill a co-op job.
- Parents attend monthly meetings where they learn skills and help build the co-op community.
- SPP also depends on our families to help with other duties throughout the year, including participation in fundraising events, classroom setup, and administrative organization for the school.
- Parents are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the Parent Handbook and must sign the Parent Contract as part of registration.
- SPP is affiliated with the Seattle Central Community College network of coop preschools.