Our handbook details our policies and procedures.
This document also describes the roles and responsibilities of the administrative co-op jobs at SPP. Depending on the year, co-op jobs may be added or removed based on need and enrollment.
All members families of Seattle’s Progressive Preschool sign on to agree to the following contract at the time of application.
As members of a co-op, we have responsibilities to each other as enumerated below:
- Read the handbook and familiarize yourself with its contents.
- Adhere to all the policies outlined in the handbook.
- Support our school’s efforts to welcome classes that feature and value diversity in socioeconomic status, race, color, national or ethnic origin, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability.
- Cooperate with the Classroom Teachers and the other parents to uphold the mission, vision, and philosophy of the school.
- Contribute ideas for classroom and/or community projects that support the themes of social and environmental awareness.
- Work your assigned shifts in the classroom as an assistant teacher. If you must miss an assigned shift, find a substitute and update the schedule.
- Provide a healthful snack for the class when it is your turn, adhering to the class’s critical allergy list.
- Attend monthly parent education meetings to discuss child development, children, parenting, and classroom issues.
- Hold and conscientiously perform duties of your family’s assigned co-op job for the school year.
- Help with Fall Setup, End of Year Cleanup, and other scheduled work parties.
- Pay tuition by the first day of each month. (If you cannot pay on time, make arrangements in advance with the Treasurer.)
- Participate in all fundraising events in the form of labor and/or financial support.
- Complete the required safety training and support the health and safety guidelines as outlined in the Risk Management Manual.
- Complete and turn in all required forms before the first day of school.
- Ensure that your child attends school in good health and inform your Class Representative if your child has a contagious disease.
- Treat the other individuals at the school with kindness and respect.
- Make efforts to communicate grievances through proper methods within the school and show willingness to problem-solve strategies for successful resolutions of issues.
As part of our affiliation with Seattle Central College, Seattle’s Progressive Preschool adheres to the following risk manual.